This fall is chock full of me blabbing on and on so I wanted to share some events that are publicly accessible. They’re intended for different audiences and in different cities so you might find one that works for you. I always love having friends in the audience so if you’re nearby, please do come by!
- September 30, New Haven: Launch event for Best Technology Writing 2009 (tis a great book!); panel and discussion
- October 7, Chicago: Family Awareness Network; presentation to parents about youth practices
- October 9, Milwaukee: AOIR (academic conference); panel on academic and corporate research and paper talk on friendship
- October 13, Ann Arbor: JSB Symposium; general talk and discussion
- November 4, DC: Family Online Safety Institute; research panel
- November 17, New York: Web2.0 Expo; tech-focused talk
- December 1, San Francisco: Supernova; tech and policy talk
- December 9, Paris: Le Web; tech-focused talk
The spring is equally exciting, including SXSW (where I’m the opening act) and WWW (where I’m keynoting). More announcements still to come!
danah, we are thrilled to host you, and our community is excited to hear what you have to say!!! Thanks for posting the info to your blog, it helps get the word out to you readers in the Chicago area.
Looking forward to hearing you at AoIR’s IR10, danah. I’m particularly interested in your views on tensions between academic and corporate research.
So excited that you’ll be keynoting at the next WWW! We need more collaboration with social scientists, but I think it’s right up your alley. I’ll look forward to seeing you there!
I loved your presentation at Penn State. Thanks for sharing.
I remixed some of your thoughts and ideas. I tried to synthesize 45 minutes of info into http://edfoc.us/?p=311
Any presentations in prospect around Boston?